Monday 22 September 2014

Travelling and cooking

Hello! My name is Maya Blacklock, I am Indonesian and have recently moved to London.  I have wanted to start my own blog as almost everyday I try a new recipe and simply love cooking.  My specialty is Indonesian and Malaysian food but I intend to expand my horizons to most asian cuisine and along the way be able to write and take photos.

I have just started our own catering business with my husband.  Its a small catering business with a big dream.  Both me and my husband have a passion for cooking.   My training has come mostly from Ibu (my mom) and I have never studied food business as such.  But my dream is to be a real Chef and all i have been doing so far is a hobby and becoming passionate about food.

I have been traveling to a lot of countries for more than 10 years working as flight attendant. I did enjoy it and it was my best experience ever. As well as making the most amazing friends and seeing the world, I began to realise how much i miss my own culinary since I left Indonesia. so thats how the passion starts.

Its been years since I helped mom in kitchen when i used to be back home and its my dream to cook as good as mom. I love her food and here i will post some other recipes from other countries that become my favorite dishes....

So sit back and I hope you enjoy reading about my journey and join me in the kitchen with some new dishes!  

Selamat Mencoba
Maya  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment